Friday, January 20, 2006

Getting on the Paradise Now bandwagon

I've been wanting to see Paradise Now since it came out, I didn't hold much hope for seeing it in theatre because it was playing in "select theatres", the town I live in isn't exactly the hippest and is not usually "selected". I kept an eye out for movie listings in the local commercial chain theatres but it was no use, much to my surprise about two weeks ago the local old downtown theatre (think Rainbow Cinema) announced they're going to show it.

Tonight was the last show, so I went with a friend and saw it. The film is excellent, the message may be a little overstated in some parts, but it's a worthy message and it didn't take away from the quality of the movie. I especially enjoyed the scenes that show life in the occupied territories, the friend I went with visits the West Bank frequently and it was nice to get his take on that after the movie. If you haven't seen the movie yet, I highly recommend it, it goes out on DVD in March in the US.

To give credit where credit is due, thanks to the downtown theatre for bringing alternative films to the otherwise not so hip town.

100_4110

100_4114

Technorati tags:

No comments: